Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

Depression and Weight Gain

I lose weight, I gain it back...usually while I'm experiencing depression. I'm doing so good getting exercise and eating healthy then a depression comes and knocks me down and I'm back in a rut.  Have you been through this?  I know what your supposed to do when your depressed. Exercise and eat healthy. How hard this has been for me. I tend to turn to food for pleasure. I actually feel something when I eat.  Then the pounds start piling back on. So frustrating.

How do I break this cycle? I wish I had the answer. I do know that I will not give up and quit trying. I don't like being overweight but at the same time I'm not going to hate myself for it either.  I'm going to try and find other things that help me feel better. Like right now, I'm writing about it instead of eating.  And I know that once this depression passes I will be able to easier take care of myself. 

What do you do when your depressed to help take the edge off besides eating. I'm very open to your wisdom, and I'm sure other readers will be too. Depression wants to keep us down, eating and gaining weight could bring us down even further. But when its all said and done we must not be the voice beating ourselves up. We fall down and get back up again.  Win a little here and win a little there. I hope the fight becomes easier as time goes by.

Love,
Bipolar Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment